When it comes to making candy, there are a few pieces of essential confectionery equipment that you need to do it right. This guide will take you through the different types of confectionery equipment and what each one is used for. With the right tools, you’ll be able to make all kinds of delicious treats!
Types Of Confectionery Equipment You’ll Require!
The first piece of equipment you’ll need is a stove or a hot plate. This is used to melt the sugar and other ingredients needed to make candy. A good quality saucepan is also essential for making candy – it should be sturdy and have a thick bottom so that it doesn’t scorch the sugar.
Another important piece of equipment is a thermometer. This is used to measure the temperature of the melted sugar, which needs to be between 245-265 degrees Fahrenheit to make hard candy. You’ll also need some kind of spatula or spoon to stir the mixture, as well as a bowl to put it all in once it’s ready.
If you’re using molds to shape your candies, you’ll need to have some kind of oven or microwave to melt the chocolate or other coating. You can also use a stovetop, but the temperature must be kept low so that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
Finally, you’ll need some kind of storage container to put your finished candies in. This can be anything from a Ziploc bag to a candy jar.
With these essential pieces of equipment, you’re ready to start making delicious candy!
Tips To Keep In Mind When Using Confectionery Equipment
When it comes to making delicious sweets and confectioneries, using the right equipment is essential. Here are some tips to keep in mind when using confectionery equipment other:
- Make sure that all of your equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized before use. This will help prevent the spread of bacteria and contaminants.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before using any piece of equipment. This will ensure that you are using it correctly and that you’re getting the most out of it.
- Be careful when handling hot surfaces or liquids. Burns can occur if you’re not careful, so always take precautions when working with these elements.
- When possible, try to batch cook items instead of cooking them one at a time. This will save you time and energy in the long run.
- Make sure to have plenty of storage space for your equipment. This will help keep your work area organized and tidy.
Once you’ve got all of your equipment together, it’s time to start making candy! Following these tips will help make using confectionery equipment easier and more efficient. With a little practice, you’ll be able to make delicious treats that everyone will love! Happy cooking!